Independent Work

Title Page:

What do you think of the services provided by your local library?
Compare the services to those of another country or to Singapore many years ago - talk to your grandparents or parents!
How effective is the NLB (National Library Board) in promoting reading amongst Singaporeans?

2nd Page:

Write an e-mail to your friend to invite him to join you in taking part in the Nationwide campaign 'Read! Singapore 2009. (150 words)


Saturday 18 April 2009

This debate allowed me to learn how to stand up for the right and for the wrong. It affected my perception of myself as it told me that others thinking may not be the same as you. However, others thinking can also make a whole lot of sense that i did not thought about.
It fitted my learning stlye as it was fun and interesting. We can learn how to speak up to train for our oral and learn how to make all our ideas into one good phrase. It also helps with the composition writing.
Yes, it has influenced the way i learn English and Literature. I used to think that Literature would be a very boring subject. However, after having Literature classes with Mrs Chien, I realised that Literature could be so exciting! It affected the way i learn as now i know that learning is not only reading and writing on blank pieces of paper. I now know that thinking out of the box and always relating what you now to what you are doing will always come in handy.
It showed us that the author used a variety of adjectives to describe the actions and others. It also used short sentences with strong vocabulary to captivate our heart and mind. It taught me that when we are writing a composition, not making the story boring and having another idea would be the best! Its best to be extraordinary!!
Xinyi(:

No comments:

How I See Brian in Hatchet

How I See Brian in Hatchet

Sloshing Oil

Sloshing Oil

Maths Anyone??

Reflection on Hatchet Debate

Within 1 hour, 39 pupils spoke out and shared some of their thoughts on a given topic and in so doing allowed others to have insight of their own beliefs and values - think of the 'Perfect Home' discussion.

I would like to applaud the 39 individuals for bringing such a professional quality to the debate - all contributed to its success and the 'energy' that resulted from this concerted effort will be converted into greater motivation for 6 Grace.

Please take time to reflect and share your thoughts on the following:

How did this debate affect my perceptions of myself?
In what ways did the debate fit my learning style?
Has it influenced the way I perceive English and Literature?
What did the debate show us about the 'tricks' authors use to captivate the heart and mind of the reader?

I had such pleasure hosting the debate and I felt the true magic of 6 Grace.

Please post your thoughts. Thank you.

Snapshots of Term 1