Independent Work

Title Page:

What do you think of the services provided by your local library?
Compare the services to those of another country or to Singapore many years ago - talk to your grandparents or parents!
How effective is the NLB (National Library Board) in promoting reading amongst Singaporeans?

2nd Page:

Write an e-mail to your friend to invite him to join you in taking part in the Nationwide campaign 'Read! Singapore 2009. (150 words)


Saturday 18 April 2009

Actually, I love debating but when I saw how the tables is
arranged,a shiver went down my spine but then i realised
that it is fun as there is ponts and make us eager to accumulate
points. I was actually shy to speak out as all the eyes will be on me..
but I did not want to get my group get disqualified.After sharing my
thoughts, a huge wave of relief overwhelmed me.I had overcome my
weakness.
The debate make me think that there is not only one type of
learning which is reeeaaaddd, dddooo.Makes my life so boring.. I get to
learn Literature while having fun.
I thought Literature is soo boring but it teach me a lot of good words
and phrases that can be used in my composition. Literature
is wonderful story which is to me as 'long-winded ' story.
The authors chose its words carefully to make the reader imagine what is
happening and also used strong words that have its own meaning. The author
also show us what is happening than telling us.
=Syafiqah=

No comments:

How I See Brian in Hatchet

How I See Brian in Hatchet

Sloshing Oil

Sloshing Oil

Maths Anyone??

Reflection on Hatchet Debate

Within 1 hour, 39 pupils spoke out and shared some of their thoughts on a given topic and in so doing allowed others to have insight of their own beliefs and values - think of the 'Perfect Home' discussion.

I would like to applaud the 39 individuals for bringing such a professional quality to the debate - all contributed to its success and the 'energy' that resulted from this concerted effort will be converted into greater motivation for 6 Grace.

Please take time to reflect and share your thoughts on the following:

How did this debate affect my perceptions of myself?
In what ways did the debate fit my learning style?
Has it influenced the way I perceive English and Literature?
What did the debate show us about the 'tricks' authors use to captivate the heart and mind of the reader?

I had such pleasure hosting the debate and I felt the true magic of 6 Grace.

Please post your thoughts. Thank you.

Snapshots of Term 1