Independent Work

Title Page:

What do you think of the services provided by your local library?
Compare the services to those of another country or to Singapore many years ago - talk to your grandparents or parents!
How effective is the NLB (National Library Board) in promoting reading amongst Singaporeans?

2nd Page:

Write an e-mail to your friend to invite him to join you in taking part in the Nationwide campaign 'Read! Singapore 2009. (150 words)


Tuesday 17 March 2009

If I were to spend 1 month in the desert, I would bring my handphone. Well, if I am in danger, at least I can call the police or my family to save me. Also it provides very little light but a handphone only can last for like 10 hours so I would try to bring as many newly recharged handphone batteries in order to last enough for 1month and also if I am bored, I can play games, take a picture with my camel and etc but that will waste a lot of battery.

Secondly, I would bring a torchlight (one of the most important thing if you are going for a camp trip). When it is dark, it will be very frightening because it is in the desert. And when night comes, it is going to be very dark with no light so we need a lot of batteries to be sufficent enough for 1 month.

I would bring my precious water and food. Because when there is not food, you will die over there. And it's not worth to die because of a camping trip so it's best to bring tidbits and bottles of water as they are light enough to carry.

I would bring my suntan lotion and daily necessties because the desert is really really hot and I do not want to be black in colour when I go back home, looking like a black -american as I'm a Singaporean. So that's a must.

Lastly, I would bring my laptop and not a sleeping bag because i like sleeping in sandy places. I remember in a soccer game, I was like lying down in the mud and I do not feel disgusted. So I think my body is able to adapt to dirt or being dirty. I can play my laptop and chat with my family and friends even though I am in the desert. Wait ! I must also bring 20 laptop batteries and a broadband because int he desert, there is no internet connection and it is impossible to chat with my friends and family.

No comments:

How I See Brian in Hatchet

How I See Brian in Hatchet

Sloshing Oil

Sloshing Oil

Maths Anyone??

Reflection on Hatchet Debate

Within 1 hour, 39 pupils spoke out and shared some of their thoughts on a given topic and in so doing allowed others to have insight of their own beliefs and values - think of the 'Perfect Home' discussion.

I would like to applaud the 39 individuals for bringing such a professional quality to the debate - all contributed to its success and the 'energy' that resulted from this concerted effort will be converted into greater motivation for 6 Grace.

Please take time to reflect and share your thoughts on the following:

How did this debate affect my perceptions of myself?
In what ways did the debate fit my learning style?
Has it influenced the way I perceive English and Literature?
What did the debate show us about the 'tricks' authors use to captivate the heart and mind of the reader?

I had such pleasure hosting the debate and I felt the true magic of 6 Grace.

Please post your thoughts. Thank you.

Snapshots of Term 1