Independent Work

Title Page:

What do you think of the services provided by your local library?
Compare the services to those of another country or to Singapore many years ago - talk to your grandparents or parents!
How effective is the NLB (National Library Board) in promoting reading amongst Singaporeans?

2nd Page:

Write an e-mail to your friend to invite him to join you in taking part in the Nationwide campaign 'Read! Singapore 2009. (150 words)


Friday 20 March 2009

If i am going to spend a month on a deserted island, the five items i would bring is......
1)My handphone.I will be able to communicate with my family, friends or other people.I will also be able to call for help when i meet dangers.

2)Foods and water.Food and water is important for all living things and it will prevent me from getting hungry.I will have to make sure that the amount of food i bring will be able to last me for the whole month because i might not be able to find any source of food or water there.Tibits are light and convient,i will surely bring that.

3)A torchlight.A torchlight is necessary, it will come in handy when it is dark or at night.It will help me look at things carefully.

4)A tent and sleeping bag.Whenever it is raining,i will get into the tent to avoid the rain.During the night ,the temperature will be freezing the sleeping bag will act as an blanket to prevent me from freezing.

  1. 5)First Aid Kit.A First Aid Kit is necessary as it will come in handy whenever i am injured.
  2. from juan pang

3 comments:

6grace said...

If i were to stay on a deserted island for one month,I will bring my mobile phone,a first aid kit,a torchlight,snacks and a tent.
1)I will bring my mobile phone because if I am in danger,I can call my family,friends or the police.
2)A first aid kit helps me when I am injured and when you have a first aid kit,you do not have to call for an ambulance and pay the hospital for their services.
3)I can use the torchlight when it is dark and it can help me find my things at night or in the dark.
4)I can use the snacks when I am getting hungry or thirsty so that I will not die of thirst or hunger as all living things need water,food and air to live.
5)A tent prevents me from getting wet in the rain.

6grace said...

Q2
I have kept a secret for three years but it was revealed in February 2009.The effects of secrets is when the secret is revealed by a friend you told it to,you may get upset or really depressed and may even ignore and hate your friend.
By,
John Carlo Songcuan

6grace said...

Q1

there is two choices numbering them
1.crash landing
2.prepared

1.
if i were to crash on an deserted island i would rummage the plane or boat for tools and food and with a swiss knife i would get a few coconuts because they have food and water i would use the dried up bark n start a fire until rescuers see me

2.
1) i would bring a lighter
(of course for lighting up a fire)

2)a desalter chemical > i can still dont bring it as i can use the evaporation technique but is longer
(incase if the island has no water then i have to desalt the seawater till i can dig in the sand or ground and find a water source)

3)a spear > also may not need for i still can eat inscets on the island but more disgusting
(for throwing at fishes or *animals)
*inhabitable!

4)tent > i may not need as i can make my own house but would have a leak or two
(if it was raining i can stay in it)

5)raido okay why a raido to send a S.O.S signal when the month is over so they can find me

Q2 hmmm a secret huh?? not so much of a secret anymore thou i told a few people allready nevermind i liked or loved someone fron pri1 or 2 butnow she is in pri 6f oh thats all i can tell i am scared this gets to her i will get embarresed!!

calvin ho kaiying

How I See Brian in Hatchet

How I See Brian in Hatchet

Sloshing Oil

Sloshing Oil

Maths Anyone??

Reflection on Hatchet Debate

Within 1 hour, 39 pupils spoke out and shared some of their thoughts on a given topic and in so doing allowed others to have insight of their own beliefs and values - think of the 'Perfect Home' discussion.

I would like to applaud the 39 individuals for bringing such a professional quality to the debate - all contributed to its success and the 'energy' that resulted from this concerted effort will be converted into greater motivation for 6 Grace.

Please take time to reflect and share your thoughts on the following:

How did this debate affect my perceptions of myself?
In what ways did the debate fit my learning style?
Has it influenced the way I perceive English and Literature?
What did the debate show us about the 'tricks' authors use to captivate the heart and mind of the reader?

I had such pleasure hosting the debate and I felt the true magic of 6 Grace.

Please post your thoughts. Thank you.

Snapshots of Term 1