Independent Work

Title Page:

What do you think of the services provided by your local library?
Compare the services to those of another country or to Singapore many years ago - talk to your grandparents or parents!
How effective is the NLB (National Library Board) in promoting reading amongst Singaporeans?

2nd Page:

Write an e-mail to your friend to invite him to join you in taking part in the Nationwide campaign 'Read! Singapore 2009. (150 words)


Sunday 4 January 2009

I had always wanted 2009 6grace to be interesting and fun ,our class must follow the orders to start the fun so everyone must contribute.I think we should decorate our notice board more so that our class to be colourful.The rest are fine .So Gracious! to 6Grace!!!!!
-Your Sincerely Friend-
Kelvin

How I See Brian in Hatchet

How I See Brian in Hatchet

Sloshing Oil

Sloshing Oil

Maths Anyone??

Reflection on Hatchet Debate

Within 1 hour, 39 pupils spoke out and shared some of their thoughts on a given topic and in so doing allowed others to have insight of their own beliefs and values - think of the 'Perfect Home' discussion.

I would like to applaud the 39 individuals for bringing such a professional quality to the debate - all contributed to its success and the 'energy' that resulted from this concerted effort will be converted into greater motivation for 6 Grace.

Please take time to reflect and share your thoughts on the following:

How did this debate affect my perceptions of myself?
In what ways did the debate fit my learning style?
Has it influenced the way I perceive English and Literature?
What did the debate show us about the 'tricks' authors use to captivate the heart and mind of the reader?

I had such pleasure hosting the debate and I felt the true magic of 6 Grace.

Please post your thoughts. Thank you.

Snapshots of Term 1